Celebrated on Oct 31
Window Oct 30-Nov 1
Astrological half-way point between
Autumnal Equinox & Winter Solstice – Nov 7
The four cross-quarter days of the wheel of the year, such as Samhain, were considered very important by the ancient people who worked with the wheel. Many cultures have a sacred time during this cross-quarter point of Samhain (Sah-win, Sah-ween). It is also known as Halloween, All Souls Night, All Hallows Eve, with the Day of the Dead, or All Souls Day on Nov 1 or 2. This year, we have the traditional celebration point on October 31 with a new moon in Scorpio happening on Nov 3. The entire week from Oct 31 – Nov 7 (when the exact astrological cross-quarter day occurs) will be powerful from the cross-quarter day perspective.
The medieval Irish word Samhain, means summer’s end. It is the last of three harvest festivals, as the growing season in North America comes to a close. This cross-quarter day begins the turn toward winter. The cross-quarter days fall between the solstices and equinoxes and signal the turn toward the next season. The cross quarter days developed a traditional day they were celebrated on each year, even though the astrological point might have been different. The astrological point would fall on the day that was exactly between solstice and equinox point. That sometimes gives a wider window to honor and work with the energy so most often the biggest ceremonies were done on the closest new or full moon to the significant point. With the new moon falling on Nov 3 you may want to concentrate your creation work during that window.
This time of year when so many cultures honor the dead arrives just as the deepest darkness of the year begins. The six weeks from Samhain to Winter Solstice creates the darkest time of our year. The solar “Sun God” traditionally is thought of as going back into the womb of the “Goddess” to gestate there, until his rebirth at Winter Solstice. This creates a window that ends the old growing season before the new one starts again. So some connect to Samhain as, both the end and beginning of the new year, and to others, it was the end of the old year and the new one began at Winter Solstice. Either way the “veils between the world” of life and death were considered thin here and traditionally you honored those who had crossed through death to the other side.
The ancestors are honored and celebrated with photos displayed and the lighting of candles on their behalf. These departed loved ones were also sometimes contacted for communication during this time. So take time here to appreciate all your ancestors, loved ones, and mentors on the other side, and all that you have harvested as this growing cycle comes to a close. This window begins the inward turning time of the year. The time to reflect within in order to determine what you are ready to release or let go of and what you choose to bring into the next growing cycle. The action of reflection here forms a very important part of the creation cycle. In order to create the “new” most often something also needs to be “let go” of and the reflection to know what that is, as well as being willing to release is essential.
Choose the one or two ideas you need most to work with then focus on those. Intentions function best when there are only one or two to concentrate on in any cycle.
Personal Action Suggestions for Samhain:
- Honor your ancestors and those who have transitioned that you love.
- Tune into what you need to release and have a “letting go” ceremony or a big give away of things you no longer need.
- Connect to anything you want to bring into form, energize the feeling of it’s completion, and give thanks.
- Work with your co-creation journal or dream board, collage and energize what you are ready to have come into form. Remember that some things you want to bring in require a gestational time on the inner (just as a baby does in the womb) before they are ready to birth or emerge into the outer world.
- Spend some time really listening to your inner guidance in every area of your life. This is a very important time to connect to elemental wisdom by working with each element (see directions below) and to listen internally to your feelings and guidance.
- Review your year and ask yourself where you were successful with bringing in your creations and where you can apply yourself more fully.
- If you enjoy divination, this is one of the most potent times of the year to do it because the veils between the worlds are thin. So get out your cards, runes, or other tools and ask for guidance for the coming year.
Business/Professional Action Suggestions for Samhain:
- Tune into what you need to “let go” of in your business/professional life in order to bring forth the next level of growth.
- Take time to connect to your inner guidance around what is next to be created in your business.
- Honor and give thanks for your business/professional growth, development, and abundance over the last year. Determine the details of what you would like to bring forth during the next year.
- Spend time in reflection around your business. Determine what needs gestation in order to full come into form in the next growing cycle.
- Honor your business “ancestors” and do some divination for your business.
- If you want to see your business desires in form use this is a window of ceremonial opportunity to allow the magical creation forces of nature to powerfully assist you. ~ Remember to give thanks and only energize what you choose to have come into form.
Elemental Guidance: If you have an Elemental Forces of Creation Oracle you may want to draw cards for additional guidance from each element and/or add insight from other decks.
- Give thanks to Earth and ask “What do I need to let go of for the next growing cycle and what is it time to create?”
- Give thanks to Water and ask “What do I need to let go of for the next growing cycle and what is it time to create?”
- Give thanks to Air and ask “What do I need to let go of for the next growing cycle and what is it time to create?”
- Give thanks to Fire and ask “What do I need to let go of for the next growing cycle and what is it time to create?”
- Give thanks to Spirit and ask “What do I need to let go of for the next growing cycle and what is it time to create?”
Now ask the unified field of all of the elements and Spirit for a unified message for what you need to let go of and release and what it is time to create.
I have prepared a Samhain Ceremony
for you to participate in, enjoy.
2014 Calendar Now Available
Purchase through November Nov 5 10am Eastern & Receive a $30 Coupon good for any new online program
The Natural Rhythms 2014 downloadable calendar is ready! This beautiful colorful calendar provides you with the new moons, full moons, Wheel of the Year, and sun enters a new sign points for November 2013-December 2014. In addition, it contains planning calendars through December of 2018.
Planning sets your creations in motion. This time of year you want to begin tuning into planning your next growing cycle. We will be doing a wonderful deeper planning session in my program “Create A Dynamic Year 2014” on the Capricorn new moon which falls right on January 1. Registration doors will open in a few weeks.
Purchase your $9.97 2014 calendar packet now through 10 am Eastern November 5 and receive a $30 coupon code good off any new online program you invest in by November 5! (Coupon has no cash value and may not be applied to a program in which you are already enrolled.) Coupon code will be sent in an email once you’ve purchased your 2014 calendar.
Prosperous Priestess Handbook
We are giving away the Prosperous Priestess Handbook Kindle
Edition for FREE for 3 days, October 30, 31, and November 1.
If you don’t have a Kindle, Amazon has a free cloud reader that you can use to read a kindle book (no kindle device required read.amazon.com/). If you are in another country and the link we’ve sent isn’t working for you, Click here for the link or google amazon international.
Share with your friends!