The struggle often begins with the common misconception many women have about their purpose. If you are like most women, you believe your purpose relates to the “job, work, or career” you pursue. Actually, when you fully understand purpose, you realize there are multiple ways it can be creatively and prosperously expressed in business and in life.
Living from your purpose is a soul-filled creative process, an ongoing act of creation.
Discovering your purpose comes from learning to recognize the creative urges you experience, uncovering the elemental archetypes that make up your inner creation team, treasure hunting for your unique inner gifts, and allowing the alchemical process to reveal your unique creation essence.
Once you understand your purpose, there can be a wide variety of expressions and paths you can follow to express it outwardly.
In our fast-paced society, taking the time needed for a process of discovery and inner transformation seems impossible, and yet it is exactly what is required for your purpose to fully reveal itself. In the same way, a truly nourishing soup needs slow cooking for the raw ingredients to transform into a delicious flavor, or fine wine and aged cheese need the process of time to enhance their character, patient and deep inner listening is required to bring forth your unique life purpose gifts.
The inscription at the Temple of Delphi “Know Thyself” speaks directly to the task at hand as you, a modern woman, move beneath the surface of your life to excavate the inner treasures of your purpose.
Thinking about your current stage in life, roll your purpose around in your mind and heart this week. Use these prompts to springboard to a new level of understanding…
– When do I feel most alive?
– What gives me a special feeling of purpose or exhilaration?
– Where am I when I feel most alive?
– This is what I’m doing when I feel most alive: [fill in the blank]
– Using deep inner listening, name some of the raw ingredients (your unique life purpose gifts) that you’re bringing forth as a new aspect of yourself.
– Identify some additional unique life purpose gifts that need more nourishment. How might you combine all of these into your unique alchemical (soup) offering?
– Make a list of 8-15 things you’ve deeply loved in your life. Now without thinking, weave those things into a sentence. How does this sentence reveal a layer of purpose for your life?
The more you get to “know thyself,” the closer you’ll be to revealing your unique expression of your Goddess gifts.
Sending you a deeper discovery of purpose for this phase of your life,